22.4.08

Words Study In Self-Introduction

"BLESS"
to ask God to protect someone or something:
Example: The couple later had their marriage blessed in their local parish church.

"HELP"
[intransitive and transitive] to make it possible or easier for someone to do something by doing part of their work or by giving them something they need:
Example: If there's anything I can do to help, just give me a call.

"Group"
grow up phrasal verb
to develop from being a child to being an adult:
Exmple: What do you want to be when you grow up? I grew up in Chicago.

"get along"
1if two or more people get along, they have a friendly relationship:
Example: We've always got along quite well.
get along with
Example: They seem to get along with each other.
2to deal with a job or situation or to make progress:
Example: How's Sam getting along at university?
get along without
Example: Don't worry, we'll get along without you.
3 spoken I must/I'd better be getting along
used to say that it is time for you to leave, for example because you have something else to do

"HOPE"
5I hope (that) spoken used when you want to be polite and to make sure that you are not interrupting or offending someone:
Example: I hope I'm not interrupting you.
Example: I hope you don't mind me asking, but why are you moving?

沒有留言: